Posted by Executive Director
Jan 13, 2023
Heilicher Jewish Day School - Minneapolis, MN
Amos and Celia Heilicher Jewish Day School
Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School is the Twin Cities' K-8
independent school of choice for families who want academic excellence in a nurturing
Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School (Heilicher), is seeking a
Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for planning,
organizing, and implementing all of Heilicher’s fundraising, including the major gifts
program, annual fund, planned giving, alumni relations, and other campaigns as
necessary. The Director works closely with the Head of School and Board of Trustees in
all development and fundraising endeavors. This year-round, full-time position reports to
the Head of School and supervises the Development Coordinator and Marketing
Heilicher has a robust fundraising program with a strong donor base of parents and
community members. The new Director of Development will build on this success and
have the opportunity to develop new strategies for the future.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Bachelor’s degree
● 5 or more years of experience in professional fundraising, ideally in an
independent school or other nonprofit
● Demonstrated initiative, discipline, and ability to perform under pressure and
● Enthusiasm for the school’s mission and ability to share that excitement with
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Desire to build and manage a highly motivated volunteer team that can help meet
the financial vision of the school
● Budget management
● Proficiency in computer skills and using Microsoft Office programs
● Proficiency in database management (experience with Bloomerang or similar
● Familiarity with the Minneapolis Jewish community is preferred but not required
● Cultivate a culture of giving and gratitude across all constituencies.
● Establish and execute forward-thinking development/advancement and strategic
programs that optimally grow the annual, major gifts, and capital campaigns;
legacy gifts; and planned giving.
● Oversee all aspects of the development program, including leading the annual
giving program, guiding the endowment capital campaign, soliciting corporate
and foundation grants, planning and managing special development events,
donor stewardship, and reporting.
● Enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and
programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
● Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the head of school,
leadership team, and individual board members, supporting them in all their
fundraising responsibilities and accompanying them on donor visits when
● Work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
● Lead and execute fundraising and all related events, activities, and reporting, as
well as oversee the Advancement Leadership Committee.
● Serve in leadership as a member of the school’s administrative team.
● Assist with public relations initiatives and the production of fundraising-related
communication materials to expand and enhance the school’s visibility and
● Assist with Alumni Relations and strengthen relationships with the school’s
alumni and alumni parents and further develop alumni programming.
● Maintain a database of all contributors and provide development reports as required.