To support and connect Independent Schools in Minnesota by:
- Working to foster and preserve the independence and freedom of choice in education.
- Providing a forum for professional development and the exchange of ideas among faculty and staff.
- Fostering communication, collaboration, and support across leadership at member schools.
- Promoting the features and benefits of Independent Schools to prospective families and employees.
Parent Presentation: "Foundations of Intercultural Development"
Monday, February 5th6:30pm Lake Country School Gym All are welcome! Need child care during the event? Call 612-827-3707 to sign up (LCS current students only).
Nehrwr (pronounced "nay-wah") Abdul-Wahid is a nationally recognized consultant for his work on authentic community building. He focuses on building capacity to maximize diversity as a necessary resource. Nehrwr's unique ability to effectively use experiential learning to generate authentic dialogue and self-reflection has benefitted clients across the globe.
The primary objectives of the presentation are to:
• Provide shared meaning of key concepts and terms related to cultural competency.
• Increase awareness of one's own cultural influences on their interactions with others.
• Develop tools to aid in gathering information about other cultural groups.